Sunday, March 6, 2016

Week 7: Famous Last Words

Seven weeks down, nine to go! I am so excited about finishing this semester, yet so nervous about entering the real world. I think I am most excited about the travel opportunities that my job is going to offer - being about to go to Abu Dhabi for three months will be absolutely incredible. Although, it is also terrifying thinking about traveling to a different country. Anyways, back to the here-and-now. This week was a bummer for me - I was/still am sick, and life just sucks when you are sick. I didn't do much reading, but I did get to my story writing and other fun stuff!

Writing for the Week:

I think my best writing for the week was my Lotus story for my storybook. It details the life of Buddha before the was "Buddha". I am really liking the way the storybook is shaping up, and I am excited about my next story on Krishna and the Victory Banner!

Other Classes:

This week I pretty much finished up my midterm report for my Capstone course - I think it turned out perfect! I love writing technical reports, because they offer up the facts without all the bs that other types of reports include. I think beating around the bush can be quite annoying, so a technical style paper is always refreshing! (I say that...but then I also love writing those colorful papers too)

Outside of School:

The world doesn't rest when you do...so even though I was sick I had to suck it up at times and keep on going. This past week I attended an OERB Scholar Luncheon, an SPE Reservoir Study Group Luncheon, and had a meeting with a former boss (okay, that was more fun that work - but still). I had made my boss a quilled fish for giving me an internship, and so I was able to give it to him this week. You can see it below!
The quilled fish I made for my former boss, Bo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment