Thursday, March 3, 2016

Week 7 Storytelling: Krishna's Facebook Posts











Author's Note:
This story is from the second half of the Narayan's Mahabharata (from about page 114 to the end). I used the Facebook simulator storytelling style, because I wanted to tell the Mahabharata in Krishna's point of view - and I think taking little pieces from each part of the Mahabharata gives it a neat feeling. I wanted to give Krishna that cool-dude vibe, where everyone just loves following his posts. Yudhisthira, of course, has to be the level-headed one in the story. And I thought it would be entertaining to have Duryodhana depicted as an immature boy who copied people's profile pictures (we all know THAT guy). I limited the number of "Facebook users" to try and keep it simplified.

Bibliography:
R. K. Narayan, from The Mahabharata (1978). Book.
Source: Reading Guide.

Image Information:
Krishna profile picture, shows him as blue with his discus. (Source: Nya)
Dhritarashtra profile picture, he is the blind king of the epic. (Source: Smriti)
Karna profile picture, shown trying to get his wheel out of the mud. (Source: India NetZone)
Duryodhana profile picture, shows him trying to hide in the lake. (Source: TopYaps)
Arjuna profile picture, shows him shooting a bow. (Source: TopYaps)
Yudhisthira profile picture, shows him standing with a bow and arrow. (Source: TopYaps)
Vidura profile picture, depicts him as a very stoic old man. (Source: FreeIndia)


3 comments:

  1. Awesome storytelling style! I do enjoy reading Facebook drama, and the Mahabharata is quite dramatic. I think you did an excellent job of taking the epic battle and making it humorous with the little character quirks, such as Duryodhana as THAT guy. I laughed at his parts a lot!

    One thing I noticed is that some of the pictures of the posts were a bit blurry. I was still able to read it all, but it was a bit distracting. It could very well be that my laptop didn't register the picture quality very well. I still loved reading your story though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I had no idea you could make fake facebook posts; I will have to remember that!
    I love that you stayed with the original story line but made it your own with a lot of comedy. It was very creative for you to come up with all the little jokes that completely matched each characters personality as well as the story.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very awesome idea! I love the sarcastic moments between all the men. I enjoyed reading the script of the Mahabharata and seeing how you were about to change the tone of the stories to more of a modern sense. I especially love the first post on how you started out by describing the odd behavior of the two men watching Krishna sleep! Very funny!

    ReplyDelete