Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tech Tip 01: Blogger Templates

I will be doing a series of Tech Tips, which will enhance my blog and may also be of use to readers! For this tech tip, I customized my Blogger template. This included changing the background, adjusting widths, tinkering with my color scheme, and arranging different sidebars!

I went went the template "Awesome", with a travel image for a background. I think it gives the blog the feeling over adventure and experiencing something new, which is what this class seems to be about! I also changed the width of the blog and left/right sidebars. I made sure the actual blog was wide enough to easily see photos, but not too wide so that you couldn't easily see everything. I just moved the layout around a little bit, making sure that my Blog Archive was in a position so that you can easily read each of the post titles. Finally, I changed some of the advanced settings - making some fonts bigger, some colors darker.

The overall goal of this tech tip was to customize my Blogger template so that it really captured the feel of what I want my posts to give. I think it has a nice cohesiveness to it, and it reflects who I am and what I put into this blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment