Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Learning Challenge: Reading Out Loud

For my fifth learning challenge, I am tackling reading. I absolutely LOVE reading, especially long novels (thousands of pages, each filled with the thoughts of another - so amazing). I wanted to change things up a bit, so I challenged myself to do part of my reading of the Mahabharata out loud! I wanted to see how it changes the reading experience - do I get into the story more, or does my voice change when a different character speaks?

I love reading and art, and this photo capture both of those things for me! (Source: Kate Ter Haar)

Reading Out Loud:

When reading out loud I did notice that I got into the story more. It seemed a little more personal, and it was easier to keep track of all of the names (there are some really tricky pronunciations). It did seem to take a bit longer to read aloud than normal reading. Also, it is something you would want to do if you were alone (and I like to read just about anywhere). I think this is a great option for reading at home, and reading something that needs to be given more time to understand complex names/words.

No comments:

Post a Comment