Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 5: Famous Last Words

Wow, already five weeks have went by! This semester is just zooming on - soon it will be graduation! Not much happened this week, but on the other hand, a lot happened this week - confusing, I know.

Reading For This Week


This week I began the Mahabharata by Narayan. So far, the Pandava brothers have been quarreling with the cousins (the Kauravas). The Pandavas share a wife, Draupadi, get exiled in a forest, and are beginning to set up for revenge.

It is quite the interesting read - very similar to the Ramayana. Some similar themes: women being treated like object. Some similar characters: Vishnu is reincarnated as Krishna.

I really enjoy many of the underlying messages that are included in the epic, and a gush of nice little philosophical tidbits in the Hundred Questions chapter,

Other Classes

This week I had my first exam of the semester - Production II. It went very well - I used a growth mindset approach for this test, where I focused on learning the material. I think this approach worked really well, and even if I don't make an A on the test I am pleased with the amount I have learned!

Outside of Class

This week I did some more seeing projects. An interesting one was making a cheetah print skirt for a frat guy...oh the encounters you have in college. I also decided to become a guest teacher (substitute) for Norman Public Schools this final semester. I love teaching, and I love kids - so why not combine them into something fun? Although, there is no chance I could be an actual teacher, I think this is a great opportunity to give back to my community!

Also, my salt water aquarium is up and ready for fish! I will be adding fish this week and will post pictures next week!

My aquarium! 


1 comment:

  1. Hi again Morgan. I love that you enjoy giving back to the community. I did not know you could be a substitute teacher even if you were not an education major. Maybe I will have to research more on that. Also, that looks like a huge aquarium and I will warn you to be careful with adjusting the water. Fish seem to be very sensitive to that.

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete