Sunday, February 14, 2016

Week 4: Famous Last Words

And so the fourth week of the semester comes to an end. This was a really fun week - with it ending on Valentine's Day! I was very productive this week, in this course and my other courses!

Reading For This Week

This week I watched a video called "Sita Sings the Blues", which outlined the life of Sita (Rama's wife from the Ramayana). It was a very good take on her side of the story, and portrayed the hardships she had to endure.

I also read a comic book called "Dasha Avatar". which outlines the ten main incarnations of Vishnu. I chose this comic because my storybook will be based on Vishnu and some of his tales, and I thought it would be good research for some inspiration, I really enjoyed the tales on Krishna and Buddha!

Other Classes

This past week, classes have been a lead up to next week which is when some major projects/exams will take place. We are starting to learn some interesting stuff in Production II (still not a favorite class of mine...). IOR is going in a simulator direction, which is exciting because simulations are super cool! Capstone has been increasingly fun, and I am learning more about the whole land acquisition process. This upcoming week I have a Production exam, which will be fairly difficult. I am using some growth mindset tactics, however, and am focusing on LEARNING the material rather than get an A!

Outside of Class

With this being Valentine's Day, I celebrated a little bit all weekend long. With chocolate, flowers, and yummy food, this is one of my favorite holidays! Besides all the lovey-dovey festivities, I had the chance to craft with my sister and start up my personal blog again! I will link it later, but it is still a work on progress for now!

A flower from the bouquet that I received for V-day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment