Sunday, February 28, 2016

Week 6: Famous Last Words

Week 6 down, 10 more to go! Only 75 more days until GRADUATION!!!! It is really crazy how fast this semester is going - and I can't decide if I like that or not. This week was not too eventful, but next week will be a doozy!

Reading For The Week

I finished up the Mahabharata, and was really pleased with how it ended. I will be using the story of Krishna for my storybook, and Krishna plays a big role in the Mahabharata. I really enjoyed getting to see the lives of the Pandava brothers play out - I think they could have done many things differently, but it made for a great story!

Writing For The Week

This week I worked on a story about Dharma for my storybook. You can visit that story here - I think it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. I really enjoyed working off of the Vincent, Megan, and Brooke storyline. Vincent is an old man who is telling to young girls stories about the god Vishnu. The idea behind the storybook is to teach others about Vishnu, Ashtamangalas, and some basic Indian principles.

Other Classes

I found out that I did pretty well on my Production exam - which was such a relief. I have a couple of tests coming up, so I am going to use that same growth-mindset approach and trust in my knowledge on the subjects! In Improved Recovery we have switched gears from waterflooding to simulators, which is exciting! Capstone is also coming together really nicely - we almost have all of our maps completed and now we are working on our midterm report.

Outside Of School

Like I mentioned last week, I have set up my salt water aquarium (again...I actually got it last year, but it crashed on me during winter break). I have four little fish in there (all damsel fish - easier to flush a $5 fish than it is a $50 fish). You can see my little neon damsel fish below, his name is Spark McDark. The other four have yet to be named....we are going through the trial period so it is best to not get too attached to the fish (they may die...and if they have names it makes it more sad).

One of my fish, Spark McDark. 







1 comment:

  1. That was a great way to organize your "Famous Last Words" post for the week. That made it very easy to follow your post. I am almost done with the Mahabharata myself so I hope that I enjoy it as much as you did this past week. I know how tedious taking care of fish can be so I understand you not wanting to get too attached. Good luck with your capstone and midterms!

    ReplyDelete